- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lb italian turkey sausage
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup pesto
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Slice open turkey sausage and squeeze meat into skillet. Cook 4 minutes, breaking meat up with a wooden
spoon,until lightly browned. Add spinach, garlicand broth. Cook 2 minutes more, until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and stir in pesto.
- While filling cooks, wipe portobello with a damp paper towel; remove gills from
undersidewith a spoon. Brush outsides with a little extra olive oil.
- Stuff portobellos with filling. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened.
- Divide onto plates and enjoy warm.
Rich Jacobs is a Board Certified Integrative and Functional Nutrition Practitioner who specializes in resolving gut, insomnia, low libido, fatigue and fat issues. He uses a holistic approach and functional lab work to identify root causes such as hormone imbalances or gut pathogens that could be impacting your health.