- 2 ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 limes
- 1 ⅞ lbs flank steaks (1 ⅛ lbs, 12 oz portions)
- 5 zucchinis
- 1 ¼ red bell peppers
- 7 ½ cups mixed greens
The night before:
- Combine garlic, 5 tbsp olive oil, 5 tbsp lime juice and salt and pepper in a sealable plastic bag. Add flank steaks and refrigerate overnight.
At dinner time:
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into planks. De-seed red bell pepper and cut into large sections; drizzle with remaining 2 ½ tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a grill, grill pan or heavy skillet over medium-high. Remove flank steaks from marinade and add to the grill, along with vegetables. Cook steak 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your preference. Remove steak and vegetables from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice flank steaks across the grain of the meat. Place mixed greens in a bowl and top with steak and vegetables. Drizzle with extra lime juice.
Rich Jacobs is a Board Certified Integrative and Functional Nutrition Practitioner who specializes in resolving gut, insomnia, low libido, fatigue and fat issues. He uses a holistic approach and functional lab work to identify root causes such as hormone imbalances or gut pathogens that could be impacting your health.