Where athletes come to find the root cause of Fatigue, Sleep and Gut Issues!
Hey, my name is Rich Jacobs, your Functional Medicine Practitioner, and I’ve dedicated my life to helping athletes like you reverse their chronic fatigue and gut issues and get back in the game.
As a former collegiate strength coach and someone who trained hard and competed, I understand what it takes to be elite and I also understand what happens when you’re not.
At the age of 35, I was training for a physique competition, building my own business, getting out of a bad relationship, moving to a new city, and creating a new life.
This was my tipping point where I struggled with fatigue, insomnia, gut issues, weight gain, and depression. The stress led to a breakdown of my body which led to these symptoms.
Am I a doctor? Nope. A naturopath? Nope. I am a Functional Medicine Practitioner.
I do not diagnose or treat. What I do is find the root cause of why symptoms are occurring and help you eliminate them through therapeutic protocols and lifestyle modifications.
The training I went through in Functional Medicine allowed me to look past the constraints of conventional medicine and focus on the root cause of your symptoms.
My history as a strength coach makes me the ideal fit for athletes who are struggling with these issues. Not to mention I got better using these same techniques I learned in school.
I get a lot of questions about why I am qualified and why you would come to me versus a doctor.
- I have over 15 years experience as a strength and conditioning coach and helped to win 7 Conference Championships and 1 NCAA National Championship while working in the Big Ten, Big East and SEC. If you are an athlete, why would you go to a doctor who has never competed in sports or knows anything about working out?
- I have never claimed nor will I ever claim that I am replacing a doctor. There is a gap in care when it comes to these chronic issues and I am filling the need where conventional medicine has no answer other than pharmaceuticals for your symptoms.
- Not only did I change my life with Functional Medicine, but I have also changed others. In other words, I get results.
So, if you are an athlete, WHY would YOU go to anyone else?
- Master of Applied Clinical Nutrition (currently in school)
- Master of Science- Michigan State University
- Bachelor of Science- Ball State University
- Kalish Institute of Functional Medicine
- Institute for Functional Medicine- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner
Work with Me
Reverse Fatigue, sleep and gut issues
As an athlete or physique competitor, you are always looking for the edge in competition or the solution to your fatigue and performance issues.
Once we start this process, you could start seeing and feeling results in as little as a couple of weeks!
If you’re frustrated with not getting the results you've been working for, never having enough energy, or gut issues, let me help you get to the root cause!
I work with everyone in the US, in-person or online!
The Holistic Approach requires a team!
I trust these partners to help you achieve your health goals.
Got a Question?
I will do my best to get you an answer ASAP.